Tuesday, March 2, 2010

True Passion

Okay, so as most of you know, I am a journalism major and I absolutely LOVE to write.  In fact, if I could choose any job in the world, it would be to write novels, articles and stories about things that I am passionate about.  Over the years, I have gotten distracted and consumed with everyday responsibilities and have strayed from my passion.

So I have made it my mission to begin writing again.  I want to begin publishing my work even if I make $1 per article I write.  It is such a creative outlet for me and if I happen to make a little money on the side doing it, great!  So as I begin my quest to get my work published I will keep you updated on where to find my articles, etc. and maybe one day where to find my first novel.  :)

In addition to jumping back into the world of writing, my boss has some contacts in Hollywood (no, I am not going to be a movie star...) and wants to help me connect with them about possibly proofing scripts on the side for a bit of extra money!  WAY COOL!  :)  So hopefully that will happen soon as well.  Then who knows, when I finish my first manuscript I will already have some connections in Hollywood!  haha...  Mostly this is just exciting for me because it is an easy and interesting way to make extra cash.  Yay!

Stay tuned...I hope to begin writing (and hopefully publishing) soon!!!